Terms of Service
By accessing this website, defined as Furvilla.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Prohibited Content
Players are not permitted to discuss, reference, submit, display, or link to any of the following prohibited content:
- Sexually explicit content, as defined by depictions or discussion of sex, nipples, exposed or heavily implied genitals, sex toys, and sex gear.
- Pedophilia or “cub porn,” defined as underage characters engaging in sex or sexual actions.
- Bestiality, defined as humans engaging in sexual activity with animals.
- Illegal software, such as hacked programs or “warez”
What this means: Furvilla wants to provide a safe place for players. We do not want R-rated or offensive material on our website.
3. User Submitted Content
- User-generated content includes forum posts, chatroom posts, user profiles, villager profiles, and any content submitted to Furvilla by players. Players retain full ownership to the content they submit. Upon submitting your user-generated content to Furvilla, for the sole purpose of making your content available to other Furvilla players on Furvilla, you grant Furvilla a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, modify, change, transmit, alter, redistribute, re-format, store, create derivative works from, publicly display and perform your content in any media known or hereafter created.
- Players are welcome to submit their suggestions and ideas to Furvilla. Upon submission of a suggestion or idea, you agree that you will not receive compensation for the use of the idea.
- Furvilla grants you a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to prepare derivative works based on our copyrighted Furvilla bases (“Painties”). In return, by creating these derivative works, you agree that Furvilla owns the copyright to these bases and all derivative works prepared on them. Furvilla does not make claim to “designs” or “characters” inspiring the derivative content, only the exact piece of derivative content prepared based on Furvilla’s copyrighted materials. Players retain full ownership to the character designs they submit.
4. DMCA Compliance
In the event that an intellectual property holder or their representative finds a player on Furvilla is infringing their rights, the holder or representative may send a DMCA takedown letter to the following address:
What this means: Furvilla values the intellectual property of others. If your work has been stolen, we can assist in having it removed.
Players are permitted to have one account on Furvilla. Players must maintain accurate information in the account, and may not impersonate another person.
6. Access by minors
Parents are required to read and agree to these Terms of Service to permit a minor child onto the website. While Furvilla makes all efforts to ensure the safety and security of all players, parents are required to monitor their children’s use of the website. Furvilla is not responsible for the use or misuse of the website by a minor, or the effect of another player’s use or misuse of the website on the minor.
Parents are permitted to request the closure of a child’s account at any time. If desired, please send this request to our customer service agents at [email protected].
What this means: Furvilla strives to be a safe website, but we cannot always control the actions of our players. Parents must understand that minors play at their own risk.
7. Digital Content
Furvilla provides the user with a license to utilize the digital content available on the website within the scope of the website’s purposes. Examples of digital content are: villager characters, accounts, virtual currency, virtual items, Painties. Players agree that they receive no ownership in this digital content and are merely renting the content from Furvilla.
Furvilla may terminate the player’s license to any content at any time, without explanation.
What this means: Players are licensed to use our content in the boundaries of the game, and do not own what they have on their accounts.
Furvilla does not prohibit trading with other websites, however, we stress that this trading should only happen after the game has officially launched and the beta period has ended. Please note that Furvilla does not allow trading with games that permit you to export your virtual goods for real money (such as Second Life).
8. Virtual content available for purchase
Furvilla offers virtual content for purchase through PayPal and Stripe. The player agrees that they are receiving a license for this virtual content and have no claim of ownership toward the content. Players are liable for the transactions they submit.
Furvilla does not provide refunds for any virtual content purchased for any reason.
In the event that a player initiates a chargeback or payment reversal on a purchase, the player agrees that Furvilla will disable the player’s account permanently, and the player will not be permitted back onto the website. Furvilla will submit any information collected about the player to any financial employees or authorities involved in the chargeback or payment reversal, and Furvilla reserves the right to submit the player’s account to collections.
What this means: Players are liable for all transactions they submit and must understand that transactions are non-refundable.
9. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Furvilla's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Furvilla's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Furvilla at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
What this means: This allows the player to view the website while using basic, common browser caching without violating copyright law.
- The materials on Furvilla's web site are provided "as is". Furvilla makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Furvilla does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- You agree to hold harmless Furvilla and its staff members from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including legal matters, fees, and situations arising out of your use or misuse of Furvilla.com. Furvilla reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify Furvilla, and you agree to cooperate with Furvilla’s defense of these claims.
What this means: We can’t control the actions of other players, and we have no warranties regarding the playability or existence of the game.
In no event shall Furvilla or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Furvilla's Internet site, even if Furvilla or a Furvilla authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
What this means: For example, if the game goes offline for maintenance and you miss out on commissions, we are not liable for the losses.
12. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Furvilla's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Furvilla does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Furvilla may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Furvilla does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Furvilla has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Furvilla of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
15. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Furvilla's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
The terms of this contract are independent of each other. In the event that a section of this contract is found unenforceable by a court of law, it shall be severed and the remainder of the contract shall remain enforceable.