Posted by Admin-Mat on 9 Aug 2016, 10:13 pm
Today, Furvilla is excited to introduce a new basic villager species: the Moth! The moth has been one of our most requested species, and we are thrilled to bring you this brand new base and its colors, the Madagascan Sunset Moth, the Garden Tiger Moth, and the American Moon Moth. But moths aren't the only species rejoicing with new additions today, as the Mustelids have received three new colors: the Wolverine, American Badger, and Polecat.
Most of our programming energy has been directed toward constructing the upcoming Trading System. Trading Systems are very complex, and as a result it will take some time to complete. The Trading System will allow for swapping items, villagers, and currency freely by allowing players to initiate trade lots with each other. In addition, our Paintie Mods are excitedly creating a visual guide to all of the Paintie Rules, and they're looking forward to sharing it with you when it's completed.
Things have been quiet but we are happily chugging along with making improvements!
Posted by Admin-Mat on 28 Jul 2016, 6:30 pm
Good evening villagers, we are happy to announce that Olde Foxbury now has its own rare species, the Saggitari! This taurian species fits in perfectly with the atmosphere of Olde Foxbury, and comes in three initial colors: Giraffe, Quagga, and Okapi.
Second, our staff has gotten together to discuss and completely revamp the Rules pages. We have condensed the three rules pages (Code of Conduct, Forum, and Chat) into one single rules page, which is linked from the Terms of Service. As the game has been open for three weeks, we have gotten an idea of what rules are necessary to keep it functioning smoothly, and have made adjustments accordingly.
Following our rules update, we will be closing our forums for approximately twenty-four hours for clean-up (but we will likely re-open them sooner). One issue we have been tackling is the sheer amount of spam that has hit our forums, and as soon as the clean-up of spam is complete we will re-open the forums for everyone to enjoy. The chatrooms will remain open if you would like to contact other players, and our moderators will be diligently watching the channels.
Have a great evening!
Posted by Admin-Mat on 20 Jul 2016, 3:59 pm
Greetings, villagers! Furvilla has been joined by a new species: the Shifty! This is a new rare species that can be crafted out of Tigereye Peak, and brings with it a large change to the Paintie System. Because canonically the Shifty can mimic the appearance of anything it sees, Painties for the Shifty have a large range of artist freedom and do not require the use of a Furvilla base.
The full rules for the Shifty can be read by visiting the Paintie Rules page.
We have released Morphing Potions for the entirety of species available on Furvilla. The recipes for these potions are stocking in their respective village shops, as all potions have been split up among the villages In addition, an option has been added to the Potions Shop of your village that permits you to pay the shopkeeper to obtain a specific result out of a species potion. For those of you who have been asking for a way around the randomness of a potion, especially as we release new colors for our species, this should definitely help!
In addition, some Paintie Rules have been clarified or amended by the Paintie Admins:
- Rule 1 Amendment: When creating a Paintie for a costume, the Paintie must match the base of the costume.
- Rule 2 Amendment: Species changes allowed on a Furvilla base involve subgroups of animals that are similar to each other, such as deer and goats.
- Rule 2 Amendment (2): Masks are permitted as a head edit.
- Rule 3 Amendment: Players are allowed to use base artwork of Costumes that match the Costume they are designing a Paintie for. For instance, when designing an Aquatic Wolf, players are permitted to use body parts from other Aquatic Costumes, provided they are not a costume for a rare species (which does not exist yet).
- Rule 6 Amendment: Rule Six was changed to "Painties May Not Include Prohibited Content" and also clarify that our rules regarding alcohol and drug use apply to Painties as well.
- Rule 6 Amendment (2): Indicates that the Paintie Team reserves the right to reject a Paintie for sexual content even if the specific item is not listed, if the Paintie comes off as sexual.
- Rule 8 Amendment: Players may shrink the base slightly to accommodate edits to the head area of the base, provided that the base is not made smaller than 3/4ths its original size.
Last among the major changes is that we have uncapped the ability to create villagers, though the Villagers page has a steep cost to adding additional villagers. We know that you have wanted to add additional characters to your accounts and hope that this change gives you the freedom to do so, while also providing a good sink for FurCash. We are currently working on capping all careers to a reasonable level so that the unlimited villagers option does not have a detrimental effect on the economy.
Have a great day!
Posted by Admin-Mat on 19 Jul 2016, 3:36 pm
The Community Features have been released again, meaning you can visit the Forums and Chatrooms freely now! In addition, we've added three new colors to our basic lineup -- Arctic Foxes, Grey Owls, and Vampire Bats. The original Arctic Fox in the game was a Marble Fox and has been updated to reflect that.
Also, please note the Changelog on the side of the News page. This lists all changes made to the game as they are made in real-time.
Posted by Admin-Mat on 12 Jul 2016, 12:26 pm
We have been consolidating and reviewing a lot of feedback on various rules we have, and are happy to announce that all of the updated rules have been released.
1. The Terms of Service no longer forbids breasts, but instead focuses entirely on nipple exposure. Breasts are now allowed on Painties as well as artwork posted on Furvilla provided they follow the nipple rule. We feel this best represents a SFW environment while also not implying sexualization of people with that body shape.
2. The Terms of Service clarify our position on game asset trading with other browser games. The short answer is, we are fine with trading, however, we would like you to wait until the game is out of beta before doing so.
3. The Code of Conduct now indicates that CSS should not be used to cover or alter game stat information, including hiding or altering your or your villager's stats, or replacing your villager's image with CSS.
4. Our Forum Rules have now been updated to indicate that the phrase 'illegal drugs' refers to United States federal law, as there are discrepancies between the laws of different countries regarding what is an illegal drug, as well as individual states within the US.
5. Finally, after taking in all feedback with Painties and speaking with our Paintie moderators, we have completely revamped the Painties rule page in a way we hope clarifies everything regarding Paintie rules. We have been struggling with the inventive ways that players are creating some Painties, but unfortunately some are created in ways we did not intend for our bases to be used. We hope that this guide clarifies what we consider permissible for the use of our bases and helps clear confusion.
That now covers all the rules that have been changed thanks to your feedback. We also wanted to let you know that moderator applications are now closed. We received over a thousand applications and have hired our team. We do not yet have an ETA on releasing the forums as the moderators are occupied with ironing out issues with Painties. We will provide you an update when we have an idea of when the forums will be ready to re-release.
Last, here are a list of changes that have been implemented since Monday, the majority of them from suggestions e-mailed to us:
- grayed out Change Career button when idle
- destroy unwanted recipes from career page
- removed white gradient on long Private Messages
- Transfer Currency / Transfer Item on user page
- horizontal scrollbar appear in the message box when needed
- view all recipes/their reagents for reference: searching items in the museum now provides a list of reagents (for recipes), or a link to the recipe that crafts the item, or links to all recipes that use the item
- placed a button in the blacksmith career page that straight away takes you to repair requests
- Villagers page indicates which villagers are sick and with what
- item pages now include links to NPC shops if the item stocks there
- Paintie Removal button to strip a Paintie from a villager at the user's request
- the following items can now be used from the inventory on villagers who are not the active villager: medicines, pets, recipes, costumes, species potions, hp potions
Posted by Admin-Mat on 8 Jul 2016, 12:47 pm
You've been amazing to us. The amount of feedback you've provided us on our game, and the amount of support, has exceeded our wildest dreams. Because of you, we're watching the game become better and more solid with every passing day. The changes we've made have been because of your suggestions and thoughtful care for Furvilla! As a result, we want to give something back - a chance to win a custom fursuit head from Dandylions LLC!
Enter the Giveaway Here
Dandylions LLC is an amazing fursuit making company that creates realistic and toony heads. They do a fantastic job at airbrushing and can do anything from moving jaws to LED eyes! We are so excited to offer this prize to you as a THANK YOU for your dedication to Furvilla.
Please be sure to read the full Terms & Conditions of the giveaway before submitting your entry, but to summarize some important parts: 1) No purchase necessary, 2) You do not have to be a member of Furvilla to enter or win, 3) Valid for US and Canadian residents only (sorry friends, it isn't legal for us to offer it outside these counties as we can't verify other countries' laws) and VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, 4) You must be 18 or older to enter 5) The countdown on the page shows the end date, 6) Winner will be selected at random on the Rafflecopter website, 7) Value of prize, a fursuit head commission, is $800.
Thank you for all your support!
Posted by Admin-Mat on 6 Jul 2016, 12:37 am
We have altered our Terms of Service to clarify and address two points of concern raised to our support channels by players.
1) The Terms no longer forbid "exposed female nipples" and "exposed female breasts," but instead all exposed nipples and all exposed breasts.
2) Players hold the copyright to their user-submitted content (such as forum posts), and provide Furvilla with an industry-standard license to use that content to display it to other Furvilla players.
3) Furvilla owns the copyright to its bases, as well as all derivative works of them. However, players retain the copyright to their characters and designs.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope these changes address the concerns.
Posted by Admin-Mat on 4 Jul 2016, 11:24 pm
Greetings villagers, we have changed the Career Change cooldown to two hours. This means you can now switch your villager's career every two hours, specifically at :00 on even-numbered hours. If you don't know how to change your career, please navigate to your villager's profile and click on Careers (View All).
Also, please follow us on Twitter - we tweet small updates to the game there, especially QOL changes!
Posted by Admin-Mat on 2 Jul 2016, 9:15 pm
Greetings, villagers! As you may have noticed we received a massive influx of players over the last day. This is far more than our little team of moderators can handle, so we're looking to expand our moderator team, and welcome some new Player Safety members! If you are interested in applying for a moderator position, please send a message to [email protected] with the following: your Furvilla username, your age, your location and time zone, your prior moderation experience, and why you'd like to be a moderator on Furvilla. Please note that we can only accept applications from players aged eighteen or older.
Also, we have a message to share from MOD-Deinmaar, the Head of Community, who would like to address some issues with our current moderators' actions:
The moderators owe the entire Furvilla Community a massive apology. The deletion of many, many threads that never actually violated the Terms of Service wasn't right of us, and we are working to rectify and retrain our team before we open the forums and chats again to make sure this is never an issue again. Miscommunication is no excuse, and we gravely apologize for the trauma this has caused many users who did absolutely nothing wrong. We sincerely hope you enjoy the rest of the site while we work diligently to right our wrongs.
Furvilla has received a much higher amount of registrations than we were prepared for and we're working to ensure our Forums and Chatrooms are welcoming to all members. Please bear with us while we hire additional help! In the meantime, if you haven't gotten a chance, please be sure to read the Newbie Guide and continue your enjoyment of the game.
Have a lovely night!
Posted by Admin-Mat on 24 Jun 2016, 6:48 am
Furvilla will be in open beta registration from July 1st - July 8th. During this period, any player who is interested in engaging in the open beta is welcome to register an account. Accounts will be given a beta trophy upon registration that will remain with their account when launch is scheduled. After the registration period, the game will commence through beta until it is prepared for launch, in which registration will open again.
A note about beta testing: the goals of beta testing are finding and eliminating bugs in the game as well as attempting to balance to economy. Ideally, the amount of money and items flowing into the economy from the game's features should equal the amount of money and items flowing out of the economy into the features. We may reset currency/items, accounts, or features as we work to balance the game so it's fun without being too hard or too easy. We anticipate that players will be able to keep their accounts, but they may not be able to keep all the contents of the account.
A note on premium currency: the premium currency (FurDollar) functions are working right now. While we don't anticipate having to reset premium currencies or items, please know that if we do (such as a bug is discovered that generates premium currency) we will promptly return the currency and items to their purchasers immediately after.